Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sweden Vs. Canada

Have I mentioned that I dont like Canadians lately? Well I dont! Monday night (Jan.5th) Henrik and I were in Kil with Robert waching the 2009 World Junior championship hockey game and we were getting really heated. Canada tried and unfortunalty succeeded in making Markström's (Swedens goaltender) night really difficult. He was bumped and jostled all night, including one major collision with Esposito when Markström came out to play the puck. But.. good job Joakim Anderson who scored Sweden's only goal of the night woohoo! The referees in this game were crap! They over looked a lot of the fouls that Canada made but called all of them on Sweden. hmmm I thought they were supposed to be fair. Just watch this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrH0ukdOG-c&eurl=http://video.aol.com/video-detail/canada-vs-sweden-2009-gold-medal-game-final-score-5-1-canda-victory-match-highlight/34884385&feature=player_embedded

Well Canada won 5-1, (there 5th in a row) they did have a great start but Sweden really came through during the 2nd period, I guess not strong enough! There is always next year, right boys!! and dont worry Jacob Markström, I still love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment