Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Food

Well as many of you already know, I am a picky eater, but one thing is for sure, I love Swedish food! I have been here several times, and have never had any complaints, I unlike many other Americans (sorry guys) understand that things are different, pizza is different, burgers are different, even coke is different and I like that it is, but...

Henrik and I were having dinner at his Farmor's house and she is the most amazing cook ever. I want to learn everything from her. Well that night she made these small burger like patties with brown sauce, potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, it was amazing! Well I found out shortly after I took a bite of the patty's what exactly I was eating... I ate Beaver! yes, you read it right, beaver a.k.a road kill to most American mid westerners. I would never, ever have considered it before, ever!! Well... I ate it, I loved it, and I would eat it again! So I learned a very important lesson, don't knock it until you try it!!

1 comment:

  1. Beaver? Oh my, but I'm proud that you at least tryed it. Maybe you can teach me cooking from Farmor if you can get her to teach you. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete