Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FIKA!!

I love Fika!!! Fika is a very Swedish thing, it happens all the time, anywhere and with everyone! At home in Chicago we only have it on Fridays and in between our classes, but here we have it in between every class! (I think North Park needs to adjust to this kind of schedule) Fika, isn't just a time for Coffee, but a time to chat and catch up with friends and maybe even make some new ones. I had a really good, long Fika the other day with a new friend, I got a piece of my favorite cake in the whole world, the Princess cake! Only fitting since in Hebrew my name does mean Princess :) At home we can only get this cake at the Swedish bakery in Andersonville, but in Sweden it is available at just about any coffee shop. Now I can't imagine life without Fika everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment