Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Midsommar

This year I spent Midsommar with my family in Kil and in Sunne.

This is me being very "Swedish"! It was fun to dress the American up after a few shots of snapps
For Midsommarafton I spent the day with my cousins, Henrik and Sara and with their mom and her family. It was really nice. They have a little "sommar stuga" summer cottage there, complete with an out door shower and port-a-poty (a toilet). The weather was warm, and sunny with only a few rain drops but nothing to bad and the food was great!

We slept in a tent big enough to hold 12 people
I even got to take a good Swedish Bath!

Midsommardagen we were in Kil as well but at our friend Roger's new house for a BBQ and lots of Snaps ( Swedish liquor you drink with sill) which I found out I am not a fan of at all, but then we danced around the Poll and sang a few songs of course at my request :)

Midsommar is such an important part of a Swedish summer so I am so happy I got to spend it here this year!
Skol!

No comments:

Post a Comment