Monday, January 18, 2010

A letter


     “And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them” -Mark 10:16
          It’s not often that we go on mission’s trips to expect to be changed, we go on these trips to help those in need, to do God’s work and to show love to those who may have never felt love before. I planned on sweating, blistering, and digging most of; if not all of the ten days I spent in Oaxaca, Mexico. God had much more planned for me in those ten days though. I for the first time, saw God, felt God, and heard God everyday.
          I heard the stories of the children who were abused, neglected and abandoned sing the praises of God and thank him for what he has given them. I heard the testimonies of eight men in prison, who asked for our forgiveness, and who found God during what could be the worst time of their lives. I felt pure love from the children who don’t have mothers, and who just wanted to be held. I saw God in their eyes, heard his word from their mouths, and felt Gods love with every embrace. I ask that you continue to pray for those in Oaxaca.
If you are interested in hearing my story, what I have experienced and what I have learned, join me on Sunday February, 21st from 12-1:30.
May the grace of God be with you everyday.
Love,
Sara Elin Avadarian



No comments:

Post a Comment