Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some personal thoughts while Traveling

So I haven't really kept a travel journal just my blog, but while I was in Italy and Spain I had little to NO time to put anything up, and I haven't been able to upload any pictures yet. So I got a little notebook, just to help me get my mind around some things I had been thinking about.

Personal Discovery!!

Americans have a hard time with something called, the art of doing nothing. Europeans have an easier time then we do, why... I don't really know, but I have a few ideas. But I have been on a quest to try and perfect this art. So while I was alone in Barcelona, I walked into this amazing park. It had so much to see, and there were people everywhere, so after I had a look around, I sat at this amazing fountain, back to people walking around, and just sat there. I sat there and listened to the water, and the sound of kids playing in the distance, and the most scary sound maybe ever, My own thoughts. I sat there for almost 45 min I think, with no book, no i-pod, nothing to drink or eat, and I didn't even people watch. I just sat there.

While I sat there I thought about something that I am sure I had herd somewhere before, but at that moment, it was my own.

Life is a gift, that you cannot return or exchange. It's the only one you have like it, and it something that you have to use to endless amounts, because it's irreplaceable. You need to fill it with joy and love. Slow down more, breath it all in, enjoy this gift. Look at things in a different light.

Smile more, worry less. This is how I feel, and I will never forget this and how I came to this. I cant always worry about money and time, I am not by any means saying its not important but, there are more important things in my life.

God has been with me during this whole trip. I know he has. He has kept me safe, and has brought people into my life that are irreplaceable. No matter how much debt I may be in now, I even had my heart broken, but regardless, it has been the best 8 months of my life. I have learned more about myself because I took the time to listen to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment